Wait, you HAVE a website for your business, right?! For businesses of all sizes and stripes an online presence is a powerful marketing tool, but simply tacking a site on to your otherwise bullet-proof biz plan isn’t all there is to it. Our roundup of small business bloggers tackle the best ways to screw up your business by screwing up...
Mishaps and mistakes or just miscommunications? They happen to everyone. Mostly because we’re human and we all have this ability to hear and see what we want to (as opposed to what’s really going on). That goes double for clients. If you’re not careful, things can snowball and before you know it, it might feel like...
Do you sometimes struggle with feelings of doubt and insecurity when it comes to pricing your services and sharing that pricing with customers? Do you ever get told your prices are too high? Do you find yourself caving in when someone requests a price reduction then getting frustrated with the outcome, or just getting frustrated by how hard...
Join the Carnival
- Your readers should be small biz owners.
- You must post weekly at a bare minimum.
- Other considerations include: blog design, usability, writing style and quality.
- You should be able to promote the event to your network via email and at least one social media channel, preferably more. We’d also appreciate a link at the bottom of your post back to the Blog Carnival page.
- Be willing to add the Word Carnival badge to your website with a link back to this site.
- We reserve the right to not include your post if the content is deemed inappropriate or off-topic. (Stuff really needs to be Work Safe.)
The first step is to become an avid reader and commenter of the carnival. We’re more likely to invite you to join us if we’re familiar with your fabulous comments and generous social media shares (just being honest).
Next, throw your hat in the Ring! Shoot me an email with a link to your site and include any topics you’d like to write about. Each month, the Carnival revolves around a different topic related to small biz owners. We evaluate potential carnies as a group so it might take a week or so to get back to you.