Everybody and their mom claims to have the magic panacea that will suddenly jump you from living out of a cardboard box to a six figure income, laughing from the penthouse suite as you throw coins over your balcony – not for the morbid fun of it, but so you can feel something again. Anyway, here’s a lineup of the Word Carnival...
Is that a snake oil salesman outside our tent? Sick the tigers on him! Nobody likes to be “sold”. But professionals of all ilk have value to add to a product, service, or business. So how do you convey it without being a salesperson? In other words, how did you market before you learned what “marketing” was? Welcome...
So you paid $5 to get in to the circus. Behind the scenes, though – you, me, and everybody else in the audience is hoping that the guy who keeps the lions, tigers, and bears caged earns more than $5 that night. And that the lions, tigers, and bears have gotten more than $5 in food before coming out to see all us yummy looking audience...
Join the Carnival
Want to join a future Blog Carnival? Great! We love new blood. Here’s what We’re looking for:
- Your readers should be small biz owners.
- You must post weekly at a bare minimum.
- Other considerations include: blog design, usability, writing style and quality.
- You should be able to promote the event to your network via email and at least one social media channel, preferably more. We’d also appreciate a link at the bottom of your post back to the Blog Carnival page.
- Be willing to add the Word Carnival badge to your website with a link back to this site.
- We reserve the right to not include your post if the content is deemed inappropriate or off-topic. (Stuff really needs to be Work Safe.)
The first step is to become an avid reader and commenter of the carnival. We’re more likely to invite you to join us if we’re familiar with your fabulous comments and generous social media shares (just being honest).
Next, throw your hat in the Ring! Shoot me an email with a link to your site and include any topics you’d like to write about. Each month, the Carnival revolves around a different topic related to small biz owners. We evaluate potential carnies as a group so it might take a week or so to get back to you.